Thursday, October 23, 2008

Love

Definition from Wikipedia:

Love is any of a number of emotions and experiences related to a sense of strong affection. The word love can refer to a variety of different feelings, states, and attitudes, ranging from generic pleasure ("I loved that meal") to intense interpersonal attraction ("I love my girlfriend"). This diversity of meanings, combined with the complexity of the feelings involved, makes love unusually difficult to consistently define, even compared to other emotional states.
As an abstract concept, love usually refers to a deep, ineffable feeling of tenderly caring for another person. Even this limited conception of love, however, encompasses a wealth of different feelings, from the passionate desire and intimacy of romantic love to the nonsexual emotional closeness of familial and Platonic love to the profound oneness or devotion of religious love. Love in its various forms acts as a major facilitator of interpersonal relationships and, owing to its central psychological importance, is one of the most common themes in the creative arts.


I am not sure why my friend asked me questions related to this. I am neither a romantic person nor really experienced in this matter.
Is there true love in this world? How do we know if we have found it?
Seriously, I have never given a thought about it. Is it that important?hmm...

Well, I think that every person defines true love differently. Some might say it is like that and some might say it is like this. So, I feel that the most important thing is what you think true love is.

One of my friends said that, "We love someone because we want something from that person."
True??hmm..Perhaps. Yes, we 'love' someone because we want their money/become popular/etc. So, what if you had all the money in the world or become the most popular person in the world. Will you be happy??
Dont forget that there is such a thing called "unconditional love". This probably only exist between parents and children. They love us without expecting anything in return and want us to be successful in life.

So, what is love then? Does it really exist between two strangers? I think it can.
Ever felt when you meet that person all your problems and sorrows just kind of drains away. Doesnt matter how sad or depressed or tired, just seeing that one person seems to make all your problems go away. Even just by listening to that person's voice you feel your burden has lighten a little. And always looking forward to meeting that person.(I think I'm talking crap here...but give it a thought)

I'd say that my one and only relationship was a failure. There wasnt really anything in it so it ended after a short while. So, I hope it doesnt happen again if I ever get into another relationship..hehe..

Humans are like this:
When they have something they take it for granted thinking that is will always be there, but when they lose it they regret it.

Maybe we should count our blessings and appreciate whoever or whatever that is around us and not take anything for granted.
One thing is for sure is that if you truly love someone you will never want anything bad to happen to him/her and wish the best for him/her. I think when it comes to love..everyone is selfish..nothing can be done about that I guess..haha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love is... blind! =P

Anonymous said...

anyway, this quote:

"When they have something they take it for granted thinking that is will always be there, but when they lose it they regret it."

is very true. =)